- Orthopedic spine surgery Poland definition
- Types of spine surgeries in Poland
- Benefits of orthopedic spine surgery Poland
- Orthopedic spine surgery Poland candidate
- Orthopedic spine surgery Poland procedure:
- Before orthopedic spine surgery in Poland
- Required medical tests
- Length of orthopedic spine surgery surgery
- Stay in the clinic
- Minimum stay in Poland
- Back to work
- After orthopedic spine surgery in Poland
- Orthopedic spine surgery Poland risks and complications
- Orthopedic spine surgery Poland results
Orthopedic spine surgery Poland definition
Spine surgery is traditionally done as an open surgery. It means the area being operated on is opened with a long incision. However, due to technical advancement, we are allowed more back and neck conditions to be treated with a minimally invasive technique. It does not involve a long incision, so consequently, it avoids significant damage to the muscles surrounding the spine.
Types of spine surgeries in Poland
- Selective endoscopic discectomy, posterolateral approach
- Cervical Endoscopic Spinal Surgery, anterolateral approach
- Cervical Endoscopic Spinal Surgery, posterolateral approach
- PLDD percutaneous laser disc decompression, posterior lateral approach,
- DIAM Dynamic Spinal Stabilisation MEDTRONIC, posterior approach
- Herniated disc removal – Laminectomy / Hemilaminectomy, posterior approach
- Percutaneous cervical nucleoplasty using coblation technique
- Percutaneous lumbar nucleoplasty using coblation technique
- Percutanaeus implantation of flexible DiscGel Prothesis – cervical spine
- IDET (Intradiscal Electrothermal Therapy – intradiscal thermonucleoplasty
Benefits of orthopedic spine surgery Poland
- freedom from pain
- improved mobility
- improved quality of life
- returning to daily activities
- no more pain waking at night
- only a light anesthetic is required
- the intervention is minimally invasive, very gentle
- a small incision and minimal scarring
- short recovery period
- minimal blood loss
Orthopedic spine surgery Poland candidate
A good candidate for a spine surgery abroad is a patient with pain in the back, or pain radiating towards the knee, buttocks, back, who has already tried non-surgical treatments (such as medications and physical therapy), but they did not help. Spine surgery in Poland is normally recommended only when a period of nonsurgical treatment has not relieved the painful symptoms caused by your back problem. In addition, surgery is only considered if a doctor can pinpoint the exact source of your pain, such as a herniated disk or spinal stenosis.
Orthopedic spine surgery Poland procedure:
There are different types of minimally invasive surgery available abroad and every type is performed differently. However, in general, affordable spine surgeries in Poland are performed with special tools. During the procedure, a very small incision is made and the tool is inserted into the spinal column. This creates a tunnel to the small area where the problem exists in the spine. In order to see where to place the incision and insert the retractor, the surgeon is guided by fluoroscopy (video). The surgeries are typically performed under local anesthesia.
Before orthopedic spine surgery in Poland
Before coming for the cheap spine surgery in Poland patient should inform about all medical conditions, fill out the medical assessment form and send x-rays in possession.
Several modifications, made prior to the surgery, can make a home easier to navigate during the recovery, such as installment of safety bars in the shower or bath, securing handrails along your staircase or removing all loose carpets and cords. The patient should be also mentally prepared for the surgery, and keep in mind that may be advised to donate his/her own blood prior to the surgery or be asked to lose some weight to minimize the stress on the spine.
Required medical tests
blood group, blood morphology, SR (sedimentation rate), correlogram (APTT, INR), serum glucose, electrolytes levels, urine analysis, Ekg (only for patients older than 55 y.o.), HBV, HCV, HIV, CAT Scan, Spine x-rays.
Length of orthopedic spine surgery surgery
Orthopedic spine surgery is a short procedure, it takes only about 30 minutes.
Stay in the clinic
Minimum stay in Poland
6 – 9 days
Back to work
2 weeks – if office work
4 weeks – if physical work
After orthopedic spine surgery in Poland
Our specialized spine and orthopedic physiotherapy are fully set up to support recovery after all spine surgery procedures.
Orthopedic spine surgery Poland risks and complications
As with any operation, there are potential risks associated with minimally invasive spine surgery abroad. Although they are unlikely to occur, some of the risks include infection, bleeding, recurrence of symptoms, pseudarthrosis or blood clots.
Orthopedic spine surgery Poland results
After the spine surgery patients have a consultation with the physiotherapist, who will prescribe exercises to do at home and recommend how to move around. In the result, after cheap spine surgery in Poland patients finally, get rid of the pain and can return to their day-to-day activities, as well as exercises.