- What is a dental crown?
- What materials are used to make a tooth crown?
- When do I need a dental crown?
- How is a tooth prepared for dental crown Poland?
- How does the crown installment procedure look like?
- What is the length of the dental crown procedure?
- What is the cost of a dental crown?
- Will I experience any pain when having my tooth prepped for a dental crown in Poland?
- Will my dental crown be noticeable or visible?
- Will the dental crown abroad feel any different?
- Does a dental crown abroad require special care?
- How long do dental crowns Poland last?
- What are the recommendations for a dental crown surgery abroad?
- What are the benefits of dental crowns?
- What are the side effects of dental crowns?
- What is the recovery time after the dental crown surgery?
- Will I need a root canal if I get a crown?
What is a dental crown?
Dental crown is a long-lasting artificial tooth that looks like your natural tooth. It is shaped like a cap that covers your existing tooth. Thanks to the crown, you can still enjoy your full smile, even if you have some damage to your teeth.
What materials are used to make a tooth crown?
There are few different materials that can be used for crowns, such as metal, gold alloy, porcelain or ceramic. Sometimes materials are combined to achieve desired effects (e.g. porcelain and metal). The dentist, after examining you, will determine which material will be best for you.
When do I need a dental crown?
Dental crown can be needed for many reasons. Below you can see few of them:
- broken tooth
- tooth that had a root canal
- tooth that needs a large filling
- crown on the dental implant
- as an anchor for a bridge or a fixed denture
- to improve discolored or chipped tooth
How is a tooth prepared for dental crown Poland?
Two visits are required to fit and install the crown. During the first appointment, dentist will reshape your tooth and an impression of your bite will be taken using an impression paste. Also, during this visit, you will have a temporary crown installed.
How does the crown installment procedure look like?
The actual crown is installed on the second visit after the temporary crown is removed. If everything looks fine after the fitting and you accept the final result, then the dentist will permanently attach the crown.
What is the length of the dental crown procedure?
Usually, the procedure is finished in 5-7 working days. However, for the people who cannot afford to stay for so long, some clinics can offer 1-day crowns.
What is the cost of a dental crown?
The cost of dental crown varies depending on the material used. To ensure low costs and great quality you should look into getting your crown done abroad. Polish dentists can offer you professional crowns for a much lower price, as the price of the crown in Poland is around 180 GBP.
Will I experience any pain when having my tooth prepped for a dental crown in Poland?
In most cases, the dentist will use local anaesthesia to ensure painless experience. However, if the tooth is dead and the crown is based on the post, then no anesthesia is required as there are no nerves present in the tooth.
Will my dental crown be noticeable or visible?
Dental crown will not be noticeable to anyone else. The dentist will match shape and color of the crown so it will look exactly like your natural teeth.
Will the dental crown abroad feel any different?
At first, you may notice that the crown feels a little different but with time you will get used to it. It is a foreign object but it is designed in a way that resembles your natural teeth.
Does a dental crown abroad require special care?
Dental crown does not require extra care. It is important to remember about flossing and brushing your teeth twice a day. Also, do not be a stranger in your dental office. Regular check-ups are very important in ensuring long-lasting results.
How long do dental crowns Poland last?
An average dental crown can last for between 5 and 15 years. To ensure long wear, you should take good care of your teeth, follow oral hygiene and visit your dentist for regular check-ups.
What are the recommendations for a dental crown surgery abroad?
After your dental crown installation, you will receive instructions from your dentist on how to take care of the crown. It is advised to avoid hard foods, ice or chewing on hard objects. If you will follow these instructions, then you will enjoy your crown for a long time.
What are the benefits of dental crowns?
There are many benefits of crowns apart from a better-looking teeth:
- support for damaged teeth
- protection of the tooth
- restoration of dead teeth
- anchor for a bridge
- improvement of speech
- masking tooth discoloration
What are the side effects of dental crowns?
When it comes to side effects of crown installment, there are few things one should watch out for:
- allergic reaction
- crown movement
- unusual sensitivity to cold or hot foods
If any of the above side effects occur, you should contact your dentist and make sure that everything is okay. Crowns in Europe are covered by the warranty, so you should not worry about additional costs.
What is the recovery time after the dental crown surgery?
The numbness in the treated area may be experienced for 2-4 hours after the dental crown installment.
Will I need a root canal if I get a crown?
It is possible that your tooth may need a root canal treatment before the crown is installed. However, it is not a requirement and depends only on the tooth’s condition.
+44 748 315 53 11
Latest posts by Marek (see all)
- Recovery from bariatric surgery - how does it look like? - 2019/01/11
- Rate of regain after gastric bypass - 2019/01/11
- Is bariatric surgery reversible? - 2019/01/04