- Bunion surgery Poland definition
- Types of bunion surgery
- Benefits of bunion surgery abroad
- Bunion surgery Poland candidate
- A short list of indications for bunion surgery Poland:
- The procedure of having bunion surgery in Poland
- Before bunion surgery in Poland
- Required medical tests
- Length of bunion surgery
- Stay in the clinic
- Minimum stay in Poland
- Back to work
- Bunion surgery in Poland – results
- Bunion surgery in Poland risks and complications
- Bunion surgery abroad
Bunion surgery Poland definition
A bunion surgery is designed for patients with a bony prominence from the realignment of the joint at the base of the big toes. Bunions most commonly affect women and lead to progressive deformity at the foot. Bunion surgery is most effective way of bunion treatment. Bunion surgery Poland generally involves an incision in the top or side of the big toe joint and the removal or realignment of soft tissue and bone. Surgery is performed to relieve pain and restore normal alignment to the joint. Small wires, screws, or plates may be used to hold the bones in place. Generally, surgery lasts 1 hours and is performed under local anesthetic. Most patients report pain relief after recovery time.
Types of bunion surgery
Nowadays, patients may choose from over 100 types of bunion surgeries. No research shows which surgery type gives best results. Below you may check some types of most popular and most frequently performed bunion surgeries:
- exostectomy or bunionectomy – surgery includes the removal of the metatarsal head
- ligaments – surgery includes realignment of the soft tissues around toe join
- osteotomy – surgery includes moving the bones into a more normal position
- arthrodesis – surgery includes fusion of the toe joint
Benefits of bunion surgery abroad
It is estimated that 85% of people who have bunion surgery are satisfied with their outcome. Surgery helps to get rid of deformity and stiffness.Patients are able to perform everyday tasks again, walking is not a problem anymore. Wearing normal shoes is a big advantage, too. Patients can fit into shoes comfortably, without pain and embarrassment (many patients suffer from inflammation from shoes irritating the bunion bump of arthritic bone). Pain relief is the greatest benefit, as let patients lead the life without daily pain and discomfort.
Bunion surgery Poland candidate
Reasons to perform bunion surgery may include foot pain which occurs even while walking with flat and comfortable shoes. Chronic big toe inflammation and swelling are another reason to perform surgery. Toe deformity, a drifting in of the big toe toward the small toe, and an inability to bend and straighten the big toe are indications, too.
A short list of indications for bunion surgery Poland:
- Difficulty walking
- Difficulty fitting shoes
- Worsening bunion
- Pain at the ball of the foot
- Fail with nonsurgical methods of bunion treatment.
The procedure of having bunion surgery in Poland
There is more than one way to surgically treat a bunion. Your surgeon will examine your foot, life style, expectations and choose the best technique for you. While personal consultation doctor also will inform you how to treat your foot/feet after surgery. In the case of the large bunion, it is common that patient will have to use crutches for about 6 weeks. The patient is given some painkillers and antibiotics also. Sometimes, to correct patients bunion, metallic surgical hardware such as screws, staples, or plates and wires are usually needed to stabilize the bones in their corrected position
Before bunion surgery in Poland
- You should limit smoking
- Patient should avoid E vitamins, anti-inflammation drugs like aspirin, ibuprofen
- Patient should inform surgeon of any allergies
- Patient should inform surgeon about all medications and herbal supplements which intake
- Patient should inform surgeon that suspect being pregnant
- Patient should inform surgeon about bleeding disorders
- Patient should not eat or drink anything on surgery day
Required medical tests
- blood group,
- blood morphology,
- SR (sedimentation rate),
- coagulogram (APTT, INR),
- serum glucose,
- electrolytes levels,
- urine analysis,
- Ekg (only for patients older than 55 y.o.),
Length of bunion surgery
Surgery lasts between 1 or 1.5 hours.
Stay in the clinic
There is no stay in the clinic for a night
Minimum stay in Poland
Back to work
6 weeks, depending on the patient type of job.
Bunion surgery in Poland – results
Results are permanent, in some cases, bunions might return due to wearing high heels or narrow/thigh shoes.
Bunion surgery in Poland risks and complications
- Delayed healing
Bunion surgery abroad
Beauty Poland offers bunion surgery Poland in best price. Our competitive price for bunion surgery abroad is only 5000 PLN which is 1200 GBP. Price includes all examinations before surgery, the surgery itself and all consultations and checks ups with your professional’s surgeon. To receive more details feel free to send us your foot X-rays, so the surgeon may confirm if you are the good candidate for surgery and suggest surgery type and final price. For you 3 days staying in Warsaw, we may offer you all inclusive package for only 139 GBP. Package includes accommodation in 3 stars hotel, air port pick ups and transport between clinic and hotel in Warsaw.