Sagging skin is a common problem among people who lost a lot of weight. Healthy eating and exercises can help you to lose weight, but it is almost impossible to get rid of sagging skin without a surgery. Often lipectomy is advised after having liposuction in Poland in order to achieve better results.
Table of contents
- 1 Lipectomy definition:
- 2 Benefits of lipectomy / body lift surgery:
- 3 Lipectomy / body lift candidates:
- 4 Lipectomy / body lift prices:
- 5 Lipectomy procedure:
- 6 After the lipectomy surgery:
- 7 Lipectomy risks and complications:
- 8 Lipectomy abroad:
Lipectomy (also known as body lift or belt lift) is plastic surgery designed to improve body contours by removing excess skin, fat and tissue around your hips, waistline, and back.
Typical problem areas that can be treated with lipectomy surgery:
- stomach lipectomy
- back lipectomy
- waistline lipectomy
- thighs lipectomy
- hips lipectomy
- buttocks lipectomy
- arms lipectomy (arms lift)
Benefits of lipectomy / body lift surgery:
- weight is lost almost immediately
- increased self-confidence
- ability to fit into your clothes better
- improved body shape
Lipectomy / body lift candidates:
Both men and women can have body lift procedure. You should be at least 18 years old. The best candidate for the body lift is the one who is close to the ideal weight and have an ongoing diet and exercise regime. If you want to have body lift your weight must be stable for a couple of months. Of course, the one who wants to have lipectomy done should be in a good health and quit smoking.
You can not have lipectomy surgery is you have diseases like diabetes, infection, heart or circulation problems.
Lipectomy / body lift prices:
The price for the procedure depends on many factors such as how much skin needs to be removed, the country where you live, the clinic you choose etc. Here you can see the prices for lipectomy in different countries:
Before the body lift surgery:
Before the surgery, you will have the consultation with your surgeon. It is good to prepare the list of questions you want to ask. Depending on the clinic the same day or the next day you will have medical tests. In most clinics, the price of the medical tests is included in the price of the surgery. However, you should understand that the clinic is not responsible for your results and if they will be bad the procedure cannot be done.
Required medical tests
- blood group
- blood morphology
- SR (sedimentation rate)
- coagulogram (APTT, INR)
- serum glucose
- electrolytes levels
- urine analysis
- Ekg (only for patients older than 55 y.o.)
Lipectomy / body lift surgery:
- Length of lipectomy procedure: The surgery lasts from 5 to 8 hours.
- Type of anesthesia: Lipectomy is done under the general anesthesia.
- How lipectomy is done: Basically lipectomy is the combination of three procedures tummy tuck, buttock lift and thigh lifts. The surgeon will remove the excess and sagging skin around the abdomen, butt, and thighs. During the belt lipectomy incisions will be done around the lower torso, so you will be able to hide it in your underwear.
- Stay in the clinic: After the surgery, you need to stay in the clinic for at least one more day.
- Minimal stay for lipectomy Poland: 7 days
- Back to work: You can go back to work in 7 days. But if it is possible, ask for 2 weeks off work.
- Lipectomy results: If after the procedure you will eat healthy and have regular physical activity the results of the procedure will be permanent.
After the lipectomy surgery:
After the surgery bandages and special undergarments will be placed around your abdomen and waistline to provide additional support. The next day you can go home, but ask someone to drive you and to help you for at least three days after the surgery. For about two weeks after the surgery, you will have swellings and will be prescribed painkillers in order to handle the pain. In 4-6 weeks, most patients can go back to normal daily activities.
Lipectomy risks and complications:
You should understand that body lift is a surgical procedure and as any surgery it involves risks. Possible risks and complications of lipectomy are:
- Embolism (blockage in a blood vessel)
- Changes in skin sensation (temporary or permanent)
- Anesthetic toxicity
- Skin discoloration
- Swellings or fluid accumulation
- Unsatisfactory aesthetic results
You should have the opportunity to contact your surgeon any time. If you have chest pain, shortness of breath unusual heartbeats or bleeding you should immediately contact the doctor.
If you want to have belt lift done abroad, you should come to the country for at least one week. It is better to take a friend or a relative who will take care of you after the procedure. You should remember that lipectomy is a surgery and you need to give your body time to heal.
+44 748 315 53 11
Latest posts by Klaudia Grabowska (see all)