Reviewed by Karolina Kownacka, MD, PhD
- What is all-on-4 in Poland?
- Do I still need bone graft if I have all-on-4?
- Am I a good candidate for all-on-4?
- Is the procedure of implantation painful?
- How long should I wait before I get new teeth?
- Will I ever need to replace my dentures?
- How all-on-4 is different from normal denture?
- How long does the treatment take?
- What is the success rate for this procedure?
- Will the results look natural?
What is all-on-4 in Poland?
All on 4 is a dental treatment which offers patients a full jaw restoration. It is dedicated to people having no teeth or left with only a few teeth in a bad condition. All on 4 is a solution which gives people a new set of teeth, and which will last for many years.
Do I still need bone graft if I have all-on-4?
More often than not, all on 4 treatment makes that you no longer need a bone augmentation. The dentist may use a special type of implants which are anchored in your cheekbones. Still, if you have much bone deficiency, the dentist may suggest bone graft for you first.
Am I a good candidate for all-on-4?
You are a good candidate for all on 4 if your general health is in a relatively good condition and your gums are healthy. You need to have a sufficient structure of bone for the implants. Besides, it is also great if you don’t smoke. Lastly, all on 4 is dedicated for elderly people who have lost all or most of their teeth.
Is the procedure of implantation painful?
The dentist will apply a local anesthetic before implantation starts, thanks to which you won’t feel pain or discomfort. For some patients, the dentist can suggest even general anesthetic. The type of anesthetic will be chosen individually. It is also worth remembering that not every clinic uses general sedation. Your gums may be swollen and can bleed after the procedure, but if you follow the dentist’s suggestions, you will feel normal within a few days.
How long should I wait before I get new teeth?
After the dentist installs the implants, you will get a temporary denture, so you will have teeth after the 1st appointment. The temporary denture will be replaced with a permanent one about 4-6 months after the 1st visit at the dentist’s.
Will I ever need to replace my dentures?
All on 4 is a permanent solution, so you will have your teeth for decades and you wouldn’t need to have any additional dentures.
How all-on-4 is different from normal denture?
All on 4 solution is non-removable and permanent. You will feel and look as if you have your natural teeth. You could eat normally, including seeds or other hard food. With normal denture, you have in general less freedom in eating than with all on 4. With all on 4, you don’t need to remove the teeth for a night or clean them any more.
How long does the treatment take?
The whole treatment lasts about 6 months. The implantation of 1 arch lasts 2-4 hours.
What is the success rate for this procedure?
The newest studies show that all on 4 treatment is successful in about 98% patients.
Will the results look natural?
All on 4 guarantees the most natural and permanent effects. You will look normal. The color, shape, and size of your new teeth will be adjusted to you in a way that the teeth will look completely natural.
- Harry Dym, Implant Procedures for the General Dentist, the USA 2015
- Pankaj P. Singh, A. Norman Cranin, Atlas of Oral Implantology, the UK 2010
- Stuart Froum, Dental Implant Complications: Etiology, Prevention, and Treatment, the USA 2016
+44 748 315 53 11
Latest posts by Marek (see all)
- Recovery from bariatric surgery - how does it look like? - 2019/01/11
- Rate of regain after gastric bypass - 2019/01/11
- Is bariatric surgery reversible? - 2019/01/04