Liposuction is a body plastic surgery in Poland which removes fat deposits from under the skin. It can be performed on every body part, the most common of those are thighs, knees, hips, buttocks, ankles, arms, calves. Liposuction may by the only method of fat removal when diets and exercises are helpless. The Liposuction procedure is very often combined with other plastic procedures in which the excess fat can be processed and used like Fat Grafting.
How does the liposuction procedure look like?
The procedure has a few important steps. The surgeon will start with marking with a marker those places on your body, from which the fat will be vacuumed. Then the general anaesthesia is used to make you asleep (sometimes other types of sedation may be used). To increase the safety and avoid blood loss, the wetting solutions are used. They contain saline, epinephrine and anesthetic. The wetting solutions are different in terms of the amount of the fluid. The next step is to remove the fat.
There are a few ways to perform that:
- Traditional suction-assisted Liposuction– the surgeon will make a small incision and insert a long tube, called cannula, which will suck the fat.
- Ultrasound-assisted Liposuction– Cannula is inserted through an incision. The tube makes sound waves which break the fat and make it easy to remove.
- Power-assisted Liposuction– the fat is broken up with a motorized cannula and than the tissue is removed.
- Laser-assisted Liposuction– a laser fiber probe is inserted into the body, which creates a burst of energy making liquid out of the fat.
- Body-jet Liposuction– fat cells are separated from connective tissues by the use of a jet, which pulsates water. The fat is removed without breaking or destroying the fat cells so the kind of Liposuction is less traumatic.
Am I a good candidate for Liposuction?
During consultation, the surgeon will decide if you are a good candidate for Liposuction procedure. It is important that you have realistic goals and relatively normal weight. Elastic Skin is also important, cause Liposuction does not eliminate the loose skin. Therefore, Liposuction may not be a good idea for older people, whose skin is not elastic enough. Apart from this factor, age does not pose an obstacle.
How should I prepare myself for the procedure?
You should for sure quit smoking at least 30 days before the procedure. All the instructions concerning eating and drinking will be provided by the doctor. You should probably stop taking certain medicines but before you do this, always inform the doctor. You doctor may also give you a laboratory order for certain tests for instance blood tests.
What are the risks involved?
Just like any other surgical procedure, Liposuction involves some risks:
- imbalance of fluids
- blood clotting
1-4 hours depending on the amount of fat being removed and the treated body part
You should stay in Poland for at least 5 days. You will stay in the clinic for 2 days after the procedure.
Recovery time takes 4-8 weeks. After the procedure you may feel pain and discomfort, which can be eased by medications prescribed by the doctor. The doctor will advice you to wear a compression garment for some time, to let your body rest, and get used to the new body shapes. You may also feel numbness and swelling, which should stop after a week. Ask your doctor about the details, what kind of activity you may perform, and when you can come back to your normal activity.
Liposuction in Poland – before and after gallery
Marek is a great fan of medical tourism. He believes that medical tourism is a huge chance for many people, who cannot afford treatment in their home country.
+44 748 315 53 11