- What is a Face Lift?
- What are the aging sings?
- What skin imperfections can be eliminated by the Face Lift?
- How does the procedure of face Lift look like?
- How should I prepare myself for the procedure?
- What are the possible complications of Face Lift?
- Are there different types of Face Lift?
- Treatment Time:
- After Treatment:
- Facelift before and after photos
Face Lift is a facial plastic surgery procedure which main aim is to make you look younger and eliminate signs of aging such as wrinkles and lines.What are the aging sings?
What are the aging sings?
With time, skin changes and the most common changes include:
- wrinkles and lines
- age spots- hollow cheeks
- “loose” skin without elasticity
What skin imperfections can be eliminated by the Face Lift?
Face Lift in Poland can can help improve the following problems:
- midface sagging
- bags under your eyes
- creases under lower eyelids as well as the ones along the nose
- sagging skin and displaced fat
- loose skin.
How does the procedure of face Lift look like?
The plastic surgeon will make incisions adjusted to your individual needs. The incisions may be placed variously; within the hairline, behind as well as in front of your ears etc. The skin is than pulled up and back. The skin excess is removed. Your face will look supple and young.
How should I prepare myself for the procedure?
The first step is to choose a surgeon who will explain all the details during the consultation. He/She will examine in details your medical history as well as the condition of your skin, bones, wrinkles, hairline. The doctor will also discuss with you the treatment and answer all your questions. Prior to the Face Lift surgery, you will have to resign from some medicines and substances which may increase bleeding. The surgeon will inform you of those, so make sure that you mentioned all the substances you take. Some doctors will advise you taking some medicines prior to the procedure, which will eliminate swelling and bruising after the treatment. For sure, you will have to quit smoking. The sugreaons in our plastic surgery clinics in Poland will be happy to provide you with all the details of your procedure and answer all of your questions.
What are the possible complications of Face Lift?
Just like any other surgical procedure, Face Lift also involves risk. The potential complications include:
- skin loss
- bleeding or blood gathering under the skin
- nerve injury
- fluid gathering
- face contour irregularities
- hair loss
- discoloration of skin
- fat necrosis
- vein thrombosis.
Are there different types of Face Lift?
Yes, there are. The Face Lift types differ in terms of:
- incision types- face area
- degree of invasiveness
- the number of skin layers treated
Some of the most common types include:
- The SMAS Lift– The treatment lifts all those tissues which tend to become lax and sag with age, so: top layers of the skin together with deeper face and neck tissues. The type is best for people at the age of 45 and more with lax neck and sagging face. The type means longer procedure, scar and recovery time. However, it is one of the best and the safest types.
- The Deep Plane Lift– The procedure is similar to the SMAS Lift, however, the surgeon will go even deeper than in the case os SMAS. During the surgery, skin may be removed, muscles are reshaped. It is the best type for older people with advanced face and neck laxity. The advantage is that the Face Lift is long-lasting (10-15 years). It causes changes in the appearance of the whole face including cheeks, nose, mouth, chin. The disadvantage is that the procedure is more serious than the others so the healing process is also longer. The risk of nerve injury is bigger, since the surgeon operates close to the nerves.
- The Short Scar Face Lift– S-shape incision is usually made, which does not reach the back of the ear. It is the best for younger people (40s, 50s), who does not need neck work and have minimal imperfections to improve. The type involves less swelling and bruising as well as shorter recovery time, which is an advantage. What is more, the small scar is not so visible so you can easily wear your hair pulled back. The disadvantage of the type is that lax skin in the lower face parts and neck may not be eliminated.
- Endoscoping Face Lift– the procedure is carried out by the use of endoscope. A camera films the situation under the skin so that the surgeon can monitor everything on the screen. During the treatment a few small incisions are made in the hairline or behind the ears. The type is for people with no sagging neck and not big amount of excess skin. The advantages of the treatment are that the risk of nerve damage is smaller, bleeding is not so heavy, swelling is smaller and the patients are usually able to come back to their work after a week. The disadvantage is that the neck appearance cannot be improved by the use of endoscope.
- Mid-Face Lift– in this type of Face Lift, incision are made both in the hairline and inside of the mouth. The procedure works on nose to mouth lines and it improves the sagging cheeks. It is a part of SMAS because of the involvement of the deeper tissues. It is recommended for people 40-50 with saggy cheeks lax nesolabial area. The treatment involves minimal risk but it offers very subtle improvements.
- The Thread Lift/ The Feather Lift– it is usually considered a nonsurgical procedure of Face Lift. It is base on sutures, which gather skin and move it upward. Skin is not cut and eliminated. It is for people between 30-40, who do not need big improvements. The procedure is cheaper and can be performed under local anaesthesia. However, the treatment is not very effective, it just improves the situation until a more serious lift is necessary.
You should plan your trip to Poland for a week, and you will stay in the clinic for 2 days after the procedure.
After the procedure, swelling and discomfort may appear. The pain can be eased with pain killers. You may also look black and blue after the treatment. Avoid any strenuous activity for 4-6 weeks. Wait with any social activity until the swelling stops (2 weeks). If you intend to participate in any important event like a wedding etc, you should decide on the Face Lift at least 3 months before the event.
Facelift before and after photos
Justyna is a very open person and likes to talk to people. That’s why she decided to become a patient adviser. She has comprehensive knowledge about medical procedures performed abroad.
+44 748 315 53 08