Table of contents
- 1 Are you a good candidate for hair transplant?
- 2 FUE
- 3 DHI
- 4 Advantages of FUE
- 5 Disadvantages of FUE
- 6 Disadvantages of DHI
- 7 DHI vs FUE hair transplant
- 8 Conclusion
Are you a good candidate for hair transplant?
Due to the fact that hair transplant is gaining popularity, it may suggest that more and more people are seeking to regain their hairline and curing baldness. Nevertheless, there are more requirements for being qualified for the procedure than baldness.
Despite the fact that the age limit does not pay a crucial role, it is most preferably done to patients over 30 years old.
Those who suffer from male or female pattern baldness are perfect candidates for this procedure. This issue is due to a genetic condition that usually has an impact on the scalp, yet not all of it, which means that the quality and quantity of donor hair is the main indicator if you are a good candidate for hair transplant surgery or not.
Follicular unit extraction, or in some cases is referred to as follicular unit transplantation, is a type of surgery which mainly implies taking out individual hair follicles from the part of a donor area which in most cases are sides and back of the head. These individual follicles are later implemented in the treated areas. In case of men who suffer from male pattern baldness, this is the horseshoe area.
In this hair transplantation surgery procedure it is not required to shave the head. After the extraction hair follicles are transplanted straight after the surgery so they remain outside only for a short time. It is easier for a surgeon to transplant between hair strands when a patient has nonbalding areas. Also, it is possible to gain more hair density especially if the recipient area is not so much vast.
Advantages of FUE
FUE method on the contrary to FUT one does not require a linear scar on the back of your hair but makes very small, round punches. Each punch contains a follicular unit (one to four hair) and they leave small dot-shaped scars. These scars are smoothly hidden even without short haircuts. Although, bear in mind that they may be visible if you completely shave your hair.
Minimal pain after the procedure
Pain is almost not noticeable as small punches are made to your skin. During FUT procedure, an elliptical incision is required till the area where hair bulbs reside. Therefore, these incisions involve sutures or staples and may be a source of discomfort for a couple of days. Usually, after cheap FUE in Turkey you do not need pain medication post-op. Although, all patients are provided to cushion the pain.
Together with less pain, small punches also do not need to much time to heal than linear scars. Moreover, stitches or scalpers are not required, therefore wounds in the place of donor area will heal within a few days.
Ensures a natural-looking hairline
Both procedures (FUT and FUE) ensures a natural-looking hairline and head with more hair. Due to advancements in the hair transplant technology, your hair will definitely look more natural and for sure you will be glad with
Less risk of complications
FUE with ARTAS Robotic Procedure requires robotic speed and precision rather than manual labour. This method is one of the most effective on the market, speedy and accurate.
Advantages of DHI
-local anaesthesia is used
-non-invasive, painless, without hospitalization
-does not require shaving of the reception area
– various types of implants ( larger or smaller ones)
– gives more density
-more precise and accurate
-the scalp and surrounding follicles are nearly untouched
-scalpel is not used to open the channels in places where the follicles will be deposited, therefore the wound is smaller and does not leave any scars
-patients can come back to daily routines after the procedure
-natural and permanent finishes
Disadvantages of FUE
Donor area must be shaved
Generally, FUE procedure involves shaving of the whole donor area which means entire sides and back of the scalp. If your hair style is not short, we advise having a “transitional” haircut that would be shorter than usual style just to be prepared for the period when the hair will be growing back.
Larger donor area
FUE’s donor area is usually larger than FUT. During the FUT procedure, the back of your scalp is harvested and a surgeon can tap into the upper, lower and side portions of the donor area just to have the right number of grafts for FUE
More fragile and transected grafts
During FUE procedure grafts are prone to be fragile thank those during FUT. Grafts consist of hair follicles, bulb and a tiny surrounding tissue. Therefore, these grafts may be more fragile as they usually include a little bit less of the protective dermis and fat in comparison to FUT grafts. Moreover, FUE is called a ‘Blind” procedure which means that the tool responsible for harvesting the grafts is not able to see through the skin to determine the hair bulb’s location. Thus, you may lose some of the harvested hair due to transection or cutting of the hair just above the bulb’s level. Nevertheless, ARTAS Robotic technology may lower the chance of the grafts being damaged by permanent and cautious adjustments of its algorithms.
Usually more expensive
Hair transplant surgery cost for FUE procedure is usually more expensive than FUT mainly due to the technology which is used
Disadvantages of DHI
- intervention time is much longer in order to raise density per cm2
- it is possible to implant more 2500 to 3000 follicles which means that the number of follicles is less than of the FUE procedure
- perfect for specific and localized areas
- DHI cost is more expensive in comparison to the cost of FUE method
DHI vs FUE hair transplant
- DHI implies special Implanter (Pen) to control the depth, angle and direction of the implanted follicle
- DHI technique involves extracting grafts and then directly implementing them into the recipient area in contrary to the FUE technique in which extracted grafts are kept in special solution. After that, canals in the recipient area are opened and then grafts are implanted into the opened canals.
- In DHI technique there is nor bleeding as the process of implantation id done with special Implanter
- In DHI technique crusting, pitting and postulation do not occur
- In FUE it is possible to implant 45-60 grafts per cm2 while in DHI 80-90 grafts per cm2
- In DHI during one session around 2000 grafts maximally may be implemented while in FUE up to 5000.
- In DHI technique it is easier to control angle and direction for grafts due to the use of a special implanter ( Pen)
- In DHI shaving is not required, only the donor area is trimmed while in FUE the entire area is shaved
- After DHI procedure the patient can come back to his daily routine quicker than after FUE
- Recovery is faster in DHI
Hair transplant gains popularity among patients who would like to restore their hairline and boost self-confidence. With experienced surgeons and the excellent clinics, DHI cheap in Turkey and FUE is becoming more popular among foreign patients, hair transplant abroad is more affordable than in UK or Germany. Considering undergoing this procedure, you should think about doing your hair transplant in Turkey and our advisers will be glad to assist you with arranging your surgery and post-op stay.
Klaudia has been working for a medical tourism company as a patient advisor for years. She has been helping a lot of patients from the UK, the USA, Scandinavia and many other countries. She knows very well foreign patients needs and she does her best to help them.
+44 748 315 53 11