Cellulite, orange peel, cottage cheese skin, the mattress, hail damage – you have heard it all. But in order to fight it properly you have to know what it is and what treatment can be done for the cellulite reduction.
What is cellulite?
Cellulite is a condition in which the skin appears to have areas with underlying fat deposits, giving it a dimpled, lumpy appearance. In medical terminology it is described as a situation where superficial pockets of fat are constricted by the bands of connective tissue leading from muscles to the skin. The bands of connective tissue push the fat into lumps and bumps and pull the skin down into dimples.
It is most noticeable on the buttocks and thighs and affects nearly 90% of women at some point in their lives.
What causes cellulite?
- Genetics – certain genes are relevant for more likely cellulite development, such as gender (women get cellulite more often than men), race or slow metabolism.
- Hormone changes – hormones (especially estrogen, insulin, noradrenaline, thyroid hormones, and prolactin) can play an important role in cellulite development.
- Poor diet – people who eat too much fat or salt and too little fiber are likely to have greater amounts of cellulite. You have to include in your diet plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and nuts, all carefully proportioned and consumed.
- Lack of activity – if you are not exercising, you are just adding up the dimples to your body.
- Tight clothing – tight pants and underwear with tight elastic may contribute to the formation of cellulite, because they are affecting your circulatory system and impairing your skin.
- Pregnancy – it can end up in cellulite production due to the drastic weight shifts.
- Fat – the most well-known cause of cellulite.
- Smoking – it leads to the reduction of elastic fibers and can damage your skin in the long run. It reduces the flow of blood vessels and impairs the production of collagen. Smoking can also be a leading cause for stretch marks, as well as cellulite.
- Sleep Loss – if you are well rested, your skin can properly carry out its regeneration process.
- Lack of Hydration – water is the key to a healthy body, as it cannot function without hydration, and you need to drink water in order to avoid developing cellulite.
- Thickness and color of your skin – cellulite shows more on light-colored skin.
Is it possible to get rid of cellulite with liposuction Poland?
Liposuction Poland is a medical treatment during which a thin, hollow tube is inserted through small incisions and moved back and forth to loosen fat. The fat is then suctioned out using a vacuum or syringe. However it is not the procedure for strictly getting rid of the cellulite, although some patients demonstrate some improvement in cellulite after liposuction.
Liposuction price comparison
The average cost of liposuction in the UK is typically around £3 600. However you should consider getting your liposuction done abroad. Lipo in Poland in cheap and affordable. The prices in Poland start from £1060.
What type of liposuction is the best for cellulite treatment?
- Superficial Liposuction (also called liposculpture or liposuction sculpture) is a controversial subject. Some surgeons use superficial liposuction to perform ab etching a procedure where certain areas of fat are removed.
- There is some indication that ultrasound – and laser-assisted liposuction can reduce cellulite because they tighten skin as they remove fat. Although these alone are not adequate treatments for cellulite.
Clinical cellulite treatments are typically less invasive than liposuction. The most popular ones are Cellulaze and Cellfina.
Cellulaze is a laser device that accesses fat and the structures of cellulite through extremely small incisions. The laser energy both shrinks fat deposits caught between the connective bands and destroys the bands themselves, adding elasticity to skin in the process.
Cellfina uses small incisions too, but it uses an extremely small micro-blade to cut through the bands of cellulite.
Both of these options can treat cellulite on their own, but their results can be even better with the addition of liposuction to sculpt the thighs or buttocks.